Friday, July 17, 2009

Ratatouille

I think it's ironic that my youngest just picked out the movie
Ratatouille the other day at Blockbuster. Not because I am a chef, who
by the way, happens loves that movie, but because of an interesting
conversation I had on the phone this morning.

My boss at the Italian restaurant called me to see if I could pick up
a few extra shifts this week end and as we are talking, he tells me
about a pretty large rat that some how found its way in to his house
last night. Although I kept this to myself, I was wondering if Remy
really does exist and had come to inspire him with a few great new
dishes.

What I found even funnier was that he locked Remy up in his bathroom
and all night long this rat was trying to chew his way out of the
wooden door. My boss said he got very little sleep because of the
noise it actually made a banging noise on the door while it was
chewing.

Although his 2 dogs never woke up, (cats would never have tolerated
such an intrusion) when ever my boss did fall asleep he was plagued
with bad dreams that Remy was coming after him.

I think he said he actually left for the restaurant and left the rat
locked up in the bathroom. I just sent him a text, which he won't
answer because he doesn't actually know how to text, but I was
wondering what the daily special was today, perhaps, I don't know,
maybe..... Ratatouille??

--
Laura R. Lynn

Cook, Eat and Be Happy!
Follow my Blog! http://asafinewine.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment